Things You Should Know about Wall-to-Wall Carpets03/27/2014 Back To Blog
We rarely buy things without making even a small compromise and that's exactly what happens when we are about to buy carpets, too. You should definitely consider the possibility of purchasing some Persian rugs as well but before you come to a decision, it is best to consider your other options, too. It is good to remember that the price of the carpet should not be the only criterion according to the experts from Carpet Cleaning Chatsworth and, sometimes, the most important criteria are those related with carpet cleaning procedures or the protection of your family from allergies and other similar health problems.
The advantages of wall to wall carpets
* If you don't want to spend large amounts on rugs, wall to wall carpets would be excellent. They will cover the entire surface of the floor and your house will look bigger while home carpet cleaning will be easier.
* Since the entire floor would be covered the insulation would be great. It would be better if you choose thick ones.
* There are excellent quality wool carpets on the market that may last long, are not at risk with fire and feel great.
* There is a great range of colors today and you can find your favor shade. It might sound odd and against all prior myths but light shades are actually easier for house carpet cleaning while they give a sense of luxury and will make your house seem larger.
What to watch out for with wall to wall carpets
1. There are many inexpensive solutions with synthetic carpets but they don't feel the same as those made of wool and they certainly will remind you nothing of the soft sense of wool rugs.
2. They are not ideal for houses, where people with allergies reside especially due to the fact that they cannot be lifted and checked properly on both sides for moisture or other similar problems. This makes mold inspection much harder.
3. In contrast to silk rugs, wall to wall carpets do not have a particular value. In fact, once you buy and install them, they will lose their value in terms of investments. They are just an inexpensive way to dress your floors, create a cosy house and with the proper maintenance, they can last for years.